(1) Your Rights
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- You have the right to know why we collect your Personal Information, how and why it is processed by us, andwhat our legal bases for such processing are.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your Personal Information.
- Right to rectification and deletion: you have the right to supplement or correct the Personal Information we’vecollected about you, or to direct us to delete your Personal Information.
- If you give us your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to revoke that consent.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to request that we transfer all your Personal Information toanother controller in a reasonably understandable format.
- Right to object: you may object to our processing of your Personal Information. We will make commerciallyreasonable efforts to comply with your objection, unless there are legally permissible reasons why we can or must continue to process your Personal Information.
Please note that all rights described above do not necessarily apply to each processing activity depending on thenature of the lawful basis for each processing activity, as described below.
(2) Lawful Bases for Processing
Under European law, companies must have a legal basis to process data. You have particular rights available to youdepending on which legal basis we use, and, as explained above, certain rights may and may not be applicable depending on the nature of the lawful basis for each processing activity. You always have the right to request access to, rectification of, and erasure of your data under the GDPR. To exercise your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To provide, improve, customize, and support our Services;
- To promote safety and security;
- To transfer to, transmit to, store in, or process in the United States and other countries; and
- To communicate with you, for example, on Services-related issues.
We'll use the data we have to provide the Services; if you choose not to provide certain data, the quality of yourexperience using the Services may be negatively impacted.
When we process data you provide to us as necessary to perform our contracts with you, you have the right to portit under the GDPR. To exercise your rights, please email us at email@example.com.
The other legal bases we rely on in certain instances when processing your data are:
A. Your Consent:
- For processing information that you allow us to receive through the device-based settings when you enablethem (such as access to your GPS location), so we can provide the features and services described when you enable the settings (all where and as applicable).
- For disclosures of information to certain third-parties, including third-party advertising partners, asdescribed below in the “Disclosure of Your Information” section.
When we process data you provide to us based on your consent, you have the right under the GDPR to withdraw yourconsent at any time and to port that data you provide to us. To exercise your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, where not outweighed by your interests orfundamental rights and freedoms ("legitimate interests"):
- For processing to provide measurement, analytics, and other business services. The legitimate interests werely on for this processing are:
- To provide accurate and reliable reporting to businesses and other partners, to ensure accurate pricingand statistics on performance, and to demonstrate the value our partners realize using our Services; and
- Helping business and other partners to understand their customers and improve their businesses.
- To validate our pricing models, and evaluate the effectiveness and distribution of their services andmessages, and understand how people interact with them on our Services.
- For processing to provide direct marketing communications from the family of Metamorphosis Companies to you.The legitimate interests we rely on for this processing are:
- To promote the Services and conduct direct marketing.
- For processing to share information with others including law enforcement and to respond to legal requests.The legitimate interests we rely on for this processing are:
- To prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Services, violations of our terms and policies, orother harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or products), our users or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- For processing to share information with Metamorphosis’ business partners and prospective business partners.The legitimate interests we rely on for this processing are:
- Metamorphosis’ operation of its day-to-day business, and ability to plan and execute strategic corporatetransactions, including mergers
You have the right to object to, and seek restriction of, such processing; to exercise your rights, please emailus at email@example.com.
We will consider several factors when assessing an objection to our processing in furtherance of Metamorphosis’legitimate interests, including: our users' reasonable expectations; the benefits and risks to you, us, other users, or third parties; and other available means to achieve the same purpose that may be less invasive and do not require disproportional effort. Your objection will be upheld, and we will cease processing your information, unless the processing is based on compelling legitimate grounds or is needed for legal reasons.
Compliance with a legal obligation:
- We need to process your Personal Information when applicable law requires it, including, for example, if there is a valid legal request for certain data.
(3) Disclosures of Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information, (as well as non-Personal Information, without the same restrictionsthat apply to your Personal Information) to our service providers who we engage to perform certain functions on our behalf (such as processing of payments, provision of data storage, hosting of our website, marketing of our products and services, conducting audits, and performing web analytics) as well as on the Processors’ own behalf and on behalf of third parties who may be affiliated with our Processors (collectively, the “Processors”). We establish data processing agreements that govern our Processors’ use of your Personal Information, but our Processors’ use of your Personal Information may also be subject to the Processors’ own privacy policies.
We engage a variety of different service providers who are acting as Processors in the course of their performanceof services on our behalf. The types of service providers we engage include providers who generate analytics and metrics based on your usage of and activities on our site, provide customer relationship management services, and provide data storage and management services. We also participate in advertising networks, and our advertising partners are also acting as Processors of your data.
We also share and exchange your Personal Information and non-Personal Information within our family ofMetamorphosis Companies.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties when we believe, in good faith and in our solediscretion, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (b) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or an enforceable governmental request, (c) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or other third parties, (d) prevent a crime or protect national security, or (e) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Finally, we reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Information) to a third party inthe event of a sale, merger, or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company relating to the Services, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or receivership of our business. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of such transfer, for example via email or by posting notice on our website.
(4) Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions or complaints regarding our use of your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to submit a complaint to your applicable Data Protection Authority.